Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Nesting Time

Spring is definitely here when you hear the baby birds chirpping for their worms. Dad use to say "Little baby birds, chirpping and burpping, and eating dirty worms." At least I think it use to go that way. Too long ago. I love the Blue Jay, Cardinal, Carolina Wren, Dove, and Hummingbird....well, all of them!





Anyway, I love to see the birds building their nests, raise their young, and watch them fly away. I was lucky to get to see a really pretty bird while in New Mexico. Hope and I were shopping downtown and she heard a beautiful bird song. She located the bird towards the top of the building. The bird was beautiful! We had no idea what kind it was.





We later stopped at a nursery to get some plants to take back home that we had seen out and about. She wanted the "smoke plant" and I wanted a "torch plant". Sounds like we had become "fire bugs". While leaving the nursery...I couldn't believe it! In an empty hanging basket was a bird couple getting nesting material....OUR BIRDS! I need to get my brother Danny to figure out what kind of bird this is.

I hope that I get to experience plenty of bird activity this year. If you will put out bits of colored yarn in your yard, you just might be able to located bird nests more easily. Look in your rose bushes, on the ledges of your roofing, and cubby holes for your baby birds. Put out bird houses and maybe, just maybe, a bird will use it.


Good Luck,

Birding Phiss

1 comment:

  1. Yes, birds are fun to watch. I miss all the bird activity we had at our old house. We really enjoyed watching them out the big back window eating out of our feeders!

    ReplyDelete