Saturday, May 30, 2009

Cannas, Cannas, Cannas



Yesterday, I noticed that my cannas were in full bloom and the sun made them sparkle and shine. I have red and a beautiful salmon pink that a friend gave me. I had to take a picture and share it with you all. Let me tell you how this beautiful corner came about.




Last year Daniel, my nephew, helped me make some much needed improvements to my backyard flower beds. He removed an ugly, crooked bush and a small tree. Boy, did it make a change in the appearance of the back yard. I now had some open space that could be used for more flowers!
Daniel helped me transplant my cannas and "Whalla", instant beauty. He couldn't believe how fast this plant grew. Not only does it grow fast and bloom all summer, it has a tendency to multiply by the hundreds. It is a wonderful plant to share with neighbors and friends. It is also a good plant to grow along a fence line for privacy.
Auntie Phiss




1 comment: