Saturday, May 16, 2009

Artist In The Family


We have been blessed to have several artists in our family. The artistic ability started with my Grandma Nelon. She was a self-taught artist that concentrated on landscapes. Her abilities were amazing. She then had two grandsons that were pretty amazing--Randal Searcy and Blake Nelon. In fact, Randal Searcy was so good that TCU offered him a full scholarship with a teaching position upon completion! TCU declared that he was the only person who could draw a house by started with the door knob. He was truly a great. However, he turned down the offer. Art was not a choice of career, only a wonderful pass time for Randal. We now have another artist in the family--a great grandson by the name of Daniel Wright. He also has an amazing talent. He can draw on paper and in dirt! He also has the skill to produce fabulous handbags, wallets, etc.

I am proud of you Daniel!

Auntie Phiss

6 comments:

  1. Cool picture and post! Thanks. What is the picture of and who is the artist?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea,
    Your little brother Daniel did this picture!
    I am not sure about the source for the drawing. I am thinking maybe from a National Geographic. Awesome uhhh?

    Auntie Phiss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daniel is a great artist! And he can manipulate so many different media... his paintings are good too. And yes, he can do awesome work with the dirt on his work van! I think he got all the artsy gene, I sure didn't get any.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no artistic talent at all, but way to go brother! Thanks for bragging on him Aunt Phiss (so I see you have the double "S" thing going. Took me a while to catch on, but I got it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate mistakes, so I deleted previous post.

    I just noticed that I could get to your blog from Danell's.

    Nice pictures. Nice blog. You did your best one here bragging on my son. (ha)

    I like the pictures and all the information.

    Great job. HopeY

    ReplyDelete