Monday, May 4, 2009

Cracking Pecans


Jacob is our oldest dachshund. He showed up at my brother's rent house and we took him into our home. We were unable to find the owner and adopted him. At first Jacob was scared to be left alone. He would tear up the environment to get out of his confinement when we left. He tore up my niece's bathroom, my brother's blinds, and scraped the paint off of my bathroom door! He would bounce and move a pet taxi. His nickname is Houdini because of his ability to sneak away. We finally had our backyard "Jacob proofed" with concrete!


He has turned out to be a wonderful pet for my dad. (see previous photo) He is a wonderful watch dog. He hears the slightest sound. I feel so safe with him here in the house. No one can get near without us knowing about it. He likes chasing squirrels, taking walks, and cracking pecans. He cracked and ate so many pecans that he tore up his stomach and had to go to the vet. We wouldn't take anything for this regal dog.


Phiss and Jacob

1 comment:

  1. Jacob. Yes, Jacob. I remember the few days he spent with us. *sigh* I think I've forgiven him. Do you have to forgive dogs? I'll give him one thing, he's the prettiest of the three!

    ReplyDelete