Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day Lilies



I think day lilies are beautiful; however, they are not usually a choice flower of mine because they do not bloom all summer and into the fall. I like to have my color last for a long time.

This year I had some day lilies to finally give a good bloom for me. If I remember correctly, I acquired these from a "beautiful" lady at my church by the name of Paralee Gregg. Therefore, these unusual beauties are special.

I have seen orange lilies and reddish color (bronze lilies) on many occasions. But these lemon yellows take front and center stage! These give me a greater respect for this flower. I think I will keep these around for a long, long time.

Enjoy the beauty of the day lily.

Auntie Phiss

2 comments:

  1. When they are that perfect, they almost look fake! Great photo and I do love that color! Is it just me or are the edges of the petals ruffled? Unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are beautiful! I hope they stick around a while; they certainly make me want to smile! What a cheery flower.

    ReplyDelete