Saturday, October 3, 2009

Beauty In A Basket


Incredible Beauty

I have been pleasantly surprised at the beauty of this particular basket of flowers. My baby brother always gets me a gift certificate from Lowe's every Christmas. I do the same for him. We both like our plants!

I wait until the spring/summer to buy my plants so I can enjoy the flowers. At one time I had around 30 hanging baskets. That was when I had the time and energy. Now I have only about 5. This past spring I saw a hanging basket that was extremely pretty in color and shape; therefore, I bought it. It would look great under the pecan tree in the backyard. I was sooooo proud of it.



I proceeded to hang it in the tree when I got home and......BOOM! It fell to the ground! I was crushed by the terrible destruction caused to one side of the plant. The stems were mutilated! And the stupid plant wasn't even cheap. I took the broken stems and just stuck them back into the plant...oh well, if it grew ok...if not I will just pluck them out and throw them away. The poor thing was lopsided now and not so pretty. I forgot about the broken stems and would forget to water the thing. Poor plant it was negelected. I would see it drooping and go drown the thing. IT SURVIVED! It is still lopsided, but pretty.



Man, I hope the plant survives the winter. It is a real gem of a plant if it can make it through my poor attention this summer. I would recommend the plant to you....but I don't even know what it is!
Auntie Phiss








1 comment: