Saturday, September 19, 2009

BACKYARD POST

SUNSHINE! GREEN GRASS! BLOOMING FLOWERS!



This wonderful rain has really made things burst with growth and color.
The yellow-green potato vine is one of my favorite plants as an additive to any yard. It spreads and twines throughout the area adding a unique spot of brilliant color to an otherwise dull place. After this rain, my potato vine has really taken off! It is just too pretty.


Another neat plant is my "lettuce" plant. I have no earthly idea what it really is, but I like it. It has dark crinkled green leaves and it is a real survivor. It my droop to the ground, but if you will give it a good watering, it perks right back up. It has been awhile since I have seen it bloom, but WHALA...after the rain I noticed the blooms. I had begun to think I had dreamed that they bloomed!
Well, I hope that everyone has enjoyed the rain...now enjoy the sunshine for awhile!
Love
Auntie Phiss

1 comment:

  1. Yea for the rain... yea for the flowers and plants! So glad your backyard foliage is doing so well!!

    ReplyDelete